Monday, January 30, 2012

Kramer Family 101- Finn Emerson

Finn meets Daddy

The day Finn was born

Gracen uses Mommy's tummy for a pillow the day Finn was born

Three weeks before the big event!

Finn, halfway through (20 weeks)

Finn's first zoo trip

Beautiful baby boy

Finn, one month old

Finn, 5 weeks old

Mara carried him everywhere

Another zoo trip

Gracen & Finn sharing a momment

Love those feet!

Hanging out with Daddy

Finn at church

Finn talking with great grandma Betty

Finn goes to Hood River

See what I mean by a beautiful baby?

Finn, 2 months old with Papaw

Finn enjoying the sun on Mount Saint Helens

Finn with Mommy
Finn was our "bonus round" baby, arriving at 40 weeks gestation on July 16th, 2010, weighing just a hair over 7 pounds & being 20.5 inches in length. His birth was a tremendously wonderful experience as it was my first time doing almost all the work of labor in water! From the moment Matthew & I laid eyes on him, we knew he was going to be super special! He had those huge Kramer baby eyes & looked so much like Gracen (in some of their baby pictures, it's hard to tell who is who :-). They both have the same tear drop shaped eyes, beautiful lips & fair skin. Finn has been loved on, doted on, hugged on, kissed on & cared for pretty much non stop since he made his debut. He is very popular with the boys at church & it isn't uncommon to see one of them packing him around. I feel so blessed to be able to share him with others. When the ultrasound tech informed me that my baby had "boy parts", I was at a loss for words. I already had two girls, I had girl clothes, girl toys, I knew what to expect from a girl! I spent the remainder of my pregnancy wondering what I would do with a boy, even wondering if I would feel as attached to him as I had with the girls. I remember scouting the second hand stores for clothes, blankets & other boy related accessories for his care & feeling slighted because the selection wasn't grand like it was for the baby girls. I gained hope, however when I checked out Gymboree & using coupons & online sales combined, started to gather a handsome wardrobe for my little man. The moment I laid eyes on my son, I was hooked! I love him more than I ever dreamed possible :-) These days Finn enjoys spending his time with his family, friends from church, going outside & getting into whatever is within reach. Going to his grandpa's mattress shop & playing in the latex blocks is an exceptional delight for him & I am looking for a pair of rain boots so he can start playing in the mud puddles we have around our place! He isn't a rough & tough type guy but still very much a boy & very much Mommy's cuddle bug. He eats whatever food I happen to make for dinner & is simply a special little guy! He goes by many names including Budgie, Em, Emmy, Little Emerson, Finny & Deet-Doo. Finn loves to hug his sisters, daddy & mommy as well as give loves to the kitties & dogs. We couldn't imagine our family without this precious little guy!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an adorable prego women:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Than you, Tabitha! I appreciate you taking the time to say something thoughtful on my new blog:-)

    ReplyDelete