Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Here Is Your Answer, Honey!

We do lots of family-enrichment activities-Hood River

 Gracen feeding a goat buddy

Hiking near Mount Hood

Tegan & baby Finn

Notice Gracen's Crocs!

Mara on a racoon

Beautiful boy

This picture wasn't taken all that long ago....oh how they grow!

Rest In Peace, Bug Ball. March 1998-Septemer 2011

Near Mount Saint Helens

Family outing to Mount Saint Helens

My three babies-love them all the same!
When I first told Matthew, that I was starting a blog, he stopped, looked at me & asked with quite a bit of emotion, "Why?????!". I didn't respond too much, just kind of sat there feeling slightly dejected but three days later I have had plenty of time to mull my answer around & I am going to share it with anyone, who might be curious why I started to blog when I don't have any major events going on like a new baby on the way or a massive sickness. Here are my reasons listed below in no particular order as they are all equally important to me: 1. This woman is an expressive, social being. Many of you have known me all my life or long enough to know that although more introverted (and I'd like to think, socially refined) than I was in my younger days, I enjoy talking & expressing myself. For many years I worked outside the home (part time after the babies started arriving) & was a self-sufficient woman. I could drive 18,000 pound loads, back up with my massive trailer in tight places, drive fork lift, handle customer care & everything else in between. But in the heart of all of that was my favorite; social interaction, the chance to talk with others. That part is what I miss most (other than the paychecks:-) My husband has been in some form of school for well over two years as well as working  & he is gone long hours. He spends most of his days interacting with fellow students, nurses & customers at his dad's shop. When he comes home, I wouldn't say he has the need to visit & socialize quite as much as I do as he took care of that during the day (Plus he is a guy, enough said!) So blogging gives me a chance to "talk", to share with others & to write down some of my thoughts, feelings & ideas. 2. Sharing my family with others is cool to me! No one has to do much looking around on my FB page or blog to know that family is VERY important to me. My husband & children are the light of my life, the main "event" to me. It gives me so much delight & joy to share with others my family! 3. A plant based diet is interesting, delicious & beneficial to your health & I intend to demonstrate that from time to time on this blog through pictures, recipes & fascinating information. 4. Prayer. I hope that those who read my blog will hold my children & family in their prayers. And now here are some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE blogging. I love looking back at the blog and seeing all of the fun things we've done, what the Lord has done in our family, how the kids have grown, etc. It's how I "document" what's going on with our family. Some day I need to get my blog put into a book. : ) Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel! God bless you:-)

    ReplyDelete