Monday, January 30, 2012

Kramer Family 101- The Dogs

Sid made himself a nest on one of Finn's blankets

One of our hikes with Sid (Scooter & Finn remained home)

Scooter visits with Finn

I got my love of dogs from this guy :-) Finn is getting a bottle so someone else can feed him.

Scooter in the front, Sidney in the back. Going on a trip.
No bio on the Kramer family would be complete without mentioning the dogs. They have both been with me longer than Matthew or the kids so they deserve a spot on the new blog :-). Scooter is the senior citizen of the family. She was born in June of 1996, before I started high school. That seems so long ago. My mom acquired her when she was six weeks old from the Columbia County Fair in Saint Helens. I was the one who discovered her & brought my mom back to see her. Thrilled would be an understatement to say how I felt when she came home with us that night! Being the animal magnet I am, Scooter bonded with me & we became best friends. When I left to attend college out of state, I missed her so much that I decided when I moved back, she would go wherever I went from there on out. At nearly 16 years old, Scooter has made four moves with me & although slower & not as bright eyed anymore, she is doing remarkably well. Sidney has been with me since the spring of 2002, when I discovered him in Boise, Idaho. I had to have him & he was the best impulse buy I have ever made! It seems appropriate for me to interject that I no longer approve or advocate buying dogs from pet stores or breeders. I will will adopt from here on out & encourage others to do the same. I am pretty certain there will be at least one blog on that subject down the road. Sidney rode home from Boise with my sister & her husband, who happened to be visiting me that weekend. Two weeks later, school ended & we were reunited for good. He has been my "baby boy" from day one, very spoiled & pampered. Today he is working on ten years old & is still as sleek & handsome since the day he came into my life as a pup. He enjoys going on cat patrol & getting into the trash (especially at my mom & dad's because my mom likes to toss meat products into the trash can that sits right out in the open). Acquiring a pet is a lifetime (of the animal) commitment & it's a goal of mine to educate people on the fact that pets are not disposable assets! There will be a post on that at some point so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment