Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Case Against Dairy-Plant Based Diet Part IV

Valentine Cards made by Tabitha Davis:-)

Cute sprout.

Momma knows how to score the deals!

Painting time

Gracen loves painting.
Apologies for the length in time for getting my next blog published. Several of you have told me how much you enjoy reading my views & look forward to new entries. THANK YOU for the encouragement. The past two weeks have been a bit of a challenge for me & I felt it best to channel myself into my family since I haven't felt capable of much else. Also, it's nearly tax time & I have a rather large QuickBooks project sprawled out on my table. I thank the Lord for these sides jobs, even though I feel overwhelmed at times!
My mommy replaced my dairy milk with coconut milk. It tastes yummy in my cereal!
Dairy, whether raw or pasteurized is not healthy for human consumption.  Betting that got your attention! Your body can't make good use of the calcium contained within, the protein is hard on the body's kidneys & whether it's USDA organic or not, it contains lots of natural hormones that are healthy for an infant cow, not a human. It's a myth that infants should be weaned from breastmilk/formula onto cow milk. I have three healthy children that are proof of that. From my research, the biggest dairy offenders in order are cheese, cream (including sour) milk & then cultured products such as yogurt & Keefer. Although, I don't think any cow milk is good for the body, pasteurized is the worst. If an infant cow is fed the milk that comes from the jug it will die. There is a humane side to consider with dairy production, also. The mama cow gives birth & then immediately has her baby whisked away. If it's a girl, she is bottle fed & then raised to be a production machine like her mama, never being able to keep her baby. When she has been milked to exhaustion, she gets treated to a dart in the head, often slaughtered while still conscience. If the mama's calf has the misfortune of having been born a male, he is put into a calf hutch & fed a low nutrient "milk" for a few weeks, being chained so he can't develop muscles. His meat needs to be weak & pale to fetch a nice price at the meat market. DO NOT BUY VEAL, PLEASE! I will refrain from putting the numerous sources for this horrid information on my blog but those, who are truly interested can pull plenty of credible websites up by typing "dairy production ethics" in Google. The dairy business is not a kind industry. There is an ecological side to it as well. The water, resources & the run off from the business is a huge issue as well. My husband researched the healthfulness of dairy last spring & wrote a paper on it. What he uncovered was truly disturbing. Most of the Vitamin D put into milk to fortify it, comes from pig skin. Also, there is a large amount of puss allowed into your milk. Where does the puss come from? Bleeding, infected udders & mammary tissue from the mistreated cows. Check out NotMilk.com & VegFamily.com. Also for some great non-dairy recipes, check out VegWeb.com. My studies on dairy & the alternatives have persuaded me not to use soy milk or soy based foods as a substitute for my family unless it's USDA organic & fermented such as tofu & tempeh (has to meet both of those)& then in limited quantity, however. Soy seems to be the most common option toted most for a dairy substitute. There will be a post on the soy debate later with some great non dairy & non soy suggestions:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment